RSK is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing Environmental, Engineering and Energy Efficiency services to UK and International clients. Established in 1989 we have developed a reputation for delivering quality services in disciplines including ecology, geosciences, asbestos, planning and design, energy and construction.
Senior Building Fabric Expert – Hemel Hempstead, Coventry or Glasgow
We are looking to appoint a senior member to a challenging but exciting new role. You will be an experienced construction professional with experience gained in a design, construction or product manufacturing/testing environment. You will now be hoping to secure your next role in a consultancy position with realistic opportunities for progression to Associate level. Ideally, you will possess an extensive technical knowledge of roofing and cladding or glazed curtain walling systems, enabling you to analytically appraise building envelope solutions. Above all, you will have a passion for engagement and quality within the built environment.
Working at the forefront of the industry sector, we have successfully developed and expanded our integrated specialist Building Fabric consultancy offering to include:
- Roofing and cladding design development consultancy and onsite site inspection
- On-completion site inspections of cladding systems
- Defect investigation of existing and recently completed building fabric systems
- Provision of expert witness services
- Research and development of new cladding systems
Based from our Hemel Hempstead, Coventry or Glasgow office and reporting to the Building Sciences Expert Lead, you will help expand and deliver our range of Building Fabric consultancy to building owners, occupiers and to the major companies in the UK construction industry.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Providing advice on the design detailing and construction of the building fabric relating to specification compliance, integrity and thermally efficient performance
- Site inspection of on-going fabric installations
- Diagnostic inspection of performance failure of the building envelope and components
- Theoretical assessment and site based testing of envelope thermal performance and condensation risk
- In-situ monitoring and evaluation of environment and component performance
- Act as a source of knowledge and dissemination to the wider team
- Development of business opportunities
There is an expectation that you will seek to develop your career to a higher level, ultimately providing expert services in your our right and assuming the lead role. Literacy of generic IT packages and a willingness to travel across the UK are essential.
Salary and benefit:
- Commensurate with the appointed role and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme including the option to purchase additional holiday, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
If you are interested in applying for this role, or would like further information on the opportunities available, please contact Sarah Murphy, HR Manager on 0117 300 4295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.