The A. Proctor Group, synonymous with technically advanced thermal, airtightness and condensation control membrane solutions for the construction industry, has introduced a new online U-value calculator, Condensation Risk Analysis and members area with an impressive range of technical support available to architects, contractors, and customers.
The changes to ‘Conservation of fuel and power: Approved Document L’, which came into effect in June 2022, are intended to increase further the standards for the energy performance of new and existing buildings. In addition to the focus on the target of reducing carbon emissions, further performance improvements impact the approach to airtightness, thermal bridging, and insulation.
New U-Value Assessment Tool
To assist architects, designers, developers, and contractors to accurately carry out assessments to ensure compliance with the latest requirements of the Part L building regulations the A. Proctor Group has introduced dedicated U-value and Condensation Risk Analysis software that will help. The software is an essential online tool for meeting the new standards and improving the energy performance of new and existing buildings.
U-value calculations are carried out in accordance with BRE443:Conventions for U-value Calculations and can be submitted with your building control applications to demonstrate compliance. The key features of the U value and Condensation Risk Analysis tool are detailed below.
- U-values calculated to BS6946 2017 including Annex C (Surface Resistances), Annex D.1 & D.2 (Thermal Resistance of Airspaces), Annex F (Correction to thermal transmittance).
- U-values calculated to ISO 13370 2017 – Thermal performance of buildings – Heat transfer via the ground.
- U-values for light steel-frame construction calculated to BRE Digest 465.
- Condensation Risk Analysis calculated to ISO 13788 (Glaser method), supporting infinite condensation planes. Automated external environment corrections for Suspended Floors & Slab on Ground Floor element types.
- Postcode Specific Climate Data – The condensation risk will be calculated based on up to date (pulled at time of project creation) 20-year average temperature & humidity data for the project’s postcode. Local climate data is a requirement of both BS5250 & ISO 13788.
- Print full project to PDF.
- Custom air layers with low emissivity and ventilation.
- Custom fixing profiles.
- Adjustable return periods, external and internal environments.
New Members Area
In addition to this new assessment tool, a new Members Area has been introduced to the A. Proctor Group website that enables architects, designers, contractors, and clients to access a comprehensive range of technical resources. Registered members will have access to high quality webinars on critical topics, with personalised CPD certification for each. A full suite of brochures and product documents including technical properties and characteristics is available for download from the Members Area.
Please visit the website to register for the members area where you will access the U-value calculator and Condensation Risk Analysis tools. Alternatively you can get in touch with the A. Proctor Group technical department for more information.