The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum has produced a short film outlining the key health and safety steps that all staff should take during the return to work.
The 90-second film entitled: ‘Working Together’ illustrates the positive day-to-day measures that workers in the construction industry can take to protect themselves, their colleagues and the wider community.
Its release follows the success of a previous Forum animation, ‘In It Together’, which outlined procedures for emergency domestic work and was adapted by a host of other UK and European organisations for their own use.
Rebecca Crosland, health and safety advisor at CICV Forum member, the Building Engineering Services Association, said: “The restart has the potential to be an unsettling time for everybody concerned, with people unsure about exactly what they should do.
“This latest animation lays down in simple terms, with bright and cheerful graphics, the common sense ways in which everyone can contribute to a safe working environment and help keep the virus at bay.”
In line with Scottish government and Construction Scotland advice, which is underpinned in an earlier Forum guidance document, the animation advises that employees should:
- Travel to work alone, if possible
- Observe physical distancing at all times
- Wear a proper face covering if required
- Wash their hands properly and often
- Regularly clean frequently touched tools, objects and surfaces.
The film also emphasises how everyone can play their part by:
- Bringing their own prepared food and drink
- Staying on-site or using their vehicle during breaks
- Always coughing into their sleeve or elbow if they don’t have a tissue
- Staying at home and following government guidance if they have COVID-19 symptoms
- Reading their company’s COVID-19 policy and risk assessment.
The new film follows the launch of the CICV Forum’s return to work pack, and reinforces its reputation for proactive innovation, with the collective being at the forefront of information distribution and the first port of call for advice and clarity for many enterprises.