The winners of this year’s Mastic Asphalt Council (MAC) Awards have been announced at the Council’s AGM, Industry Luncheon and Awards Ceremony, which took place at The Royal Horseguards Hotel on Friday 3rd June.
The event, which was sponsored by SIG Roofing Supplies, was attended by the industry’s key players who gathered to recognise and applaud the many contracts submitted for consideration for MAC’s coveted bi-annual awards.
The Mastic Asphalt Council (MAC) Awards Ceremony is one of the waterproofing industry’s most prestigious events and provides the ideal platform for members to honour its top professionals and projects.
The Council says that mastic asphalt has a proven record of reliability and durability and is recognised as probably the best waterproofing system in construction and as such there was no shortage of eligible, noteworthy contracts for the judges’ consideration.
Knight Asphalte Co was awarded the top accolade – Contractor of the Year Award – for the contract completed on Westminster Cathedral; Rio Asphalt & Paving Co received the Challenge Trophy for its contract on the National Grid Warwick Car Park regeneration, and Bell Asphalt Co was presented with the inaugural John Blowers Award of Excellence for a terrazzo floor installed at Patterns Nightclub in Brighton.
- Knight Asphalt – Westminster Cathedral, London
- Superior Roofing – Four Squares, London
- Superior Roofing – Lucey Way, London
- Sinclair Roofing – Chesham & Hanover Flats, London
- Bell Asphalt – St Ann’s Shopping Centre, Harrow
- Bell Asphalt – Patterns Nightclub, Brighton
- Allard Construction – Palace of Westminster, London
- Rio Asphalt & Paving Co – National Grid Warwick Car Park Regeneration, Warwick
- BriggsAmasco – Aura 40 Car Deck Acton, London
- BriggsAmasco – Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
- BriggsAmasco – Basing View business area, Basingstoke
- BriggsAmasco – New Street Station, Birmingham
- BriggsAmasco – Resorts Wold, NEC Birmingham
- Sussex Asphalte – Park Gate Residential Flats Blocks 1 & 2, Hove
- IKO, in conjunction with Knight Asphalt – Westminster Cathedral, London
- IKO – Guildhall Southampton, Southampton
- IKO (Brindley Asphalt) –Winnersh Triangle Plot 700, Winneresh
- IKO, in conjunction with Rio Asphalt – National Grid HQ Car Park, Warwick
- IKO, in conjunction with Briggs Amasco – Basing View Business Area, Basingstoke
- Capital Roofing Co – Douglas Building, London
- Premier Mastic Asphalt – Mother Tvy’s Bay, Padstow Cornwall
The AGM & Industry Luncheon is an annual event organised and hosted by the Mastic Asphalt Council; MAC is an independent non-profit making trade association representing in excess of 100 contracting, manufacturing and associate companies throughout the UK.