MA Business, the publisher of Roofing, Cladding & Insulation (RCI) magazine, has announced the shortlist for the 2020 Pitched Roofing Awards.
Nichola Farrugia, editor of RCI, said: “We have had a fantastic response to the Pitched Roofing Awards with a record number of entries received. Through unprecedented and challenging times, the industry’s passion and resilience has really transpired, and those that have made the shortlist should be commended for their efforts.
“The RCI team would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to enter the Awards, and to wish them the very best of luck. We look forward to revealing the winners virtually on Friday 26 February, 2021.”
Our attention is now on the judging process, where we have got an independent panel of industry experts who will utilise their years of expertise to pick the winners from each of the categories. You can read more about the judges at https://www.pitchedroofingawards.co.uk/judges.
In the meantime, until more details about the virtual event are announced, the shortlisted projects for the Pitched Roofing Awards are:
Best use of a flat to pitch roof system
- New Southgate Project: ENGIE Regeneration working with Langley Structures
- The Waterloo, Cirencester: Art Contracts working with Britmet on behalf of Novus and Bromford Housing Association.
Best use of a hard metals roof
- Barchester Street: SIG Design & Technology on behalf of All Metal Roofing working with elZinc
- Barretstown: Crannog Roofing working with Lindab
- Copper dome: Tom Roofing UK and Zinclad working with KME Copper
- Dovedale Avenue: Bolton Sheet Metal Roofing and Cladding working with PREFA
- Lady Bee Enterprise Centre: SIG Design & Technology on behalf of Kingsley Specialist Roofing working with elZinc
- Melville Building: DFR Roofing working with KME Copper
- Premier Inn : Excel roofing working with KME Copper
- Stewards House, Ascot Racecourse: Salmon Solutions working with PREFA.
Best use of a lead roofing application
- Eyebrow Dormer Window: Furlong & Davies working with Calder Lead
- Grade B lower observatory hotel: CJM Leadwork Specialists working with British Lead Mills
- Grassyards: Glenbuild working with Midland Lead
- Highmead Manor Rear Dome: Clarke Roofing Southern working with British Lead Mills
- Hollins House – Cranage Construction: Calder Industrial Materials & Roof Plus Roofing Contractors working with Calder Lead
- Wainhomes Development at Nansledan, Newquay: Wessex Slate and Tile Roofing Services working with Calder Lead.
Best use of a roof tile for a heritage roof
- Bodmin Jail: Stuart Wheeler Roofing working with SSQ Group
- Chapel Court: Complete Roofing Systems working with Yates Slate
- Farm house: English Roofing working with SIG
- Re roof – Rusheymead: Ajh roofing co (Reading) working with Marley
- Stratford Girls Grammar School: NRA Roofing and Flooring Services working with Tudor Roof Tiles
- West Dean College of Arts & Conservation: Clarke Roofing Southern working with Welsh Slate
- Y Sospan Café: Greenough & Sons Roofing Contractors working with Welsh Slate.
Best use of a slate tile for a commercial project
- Bradford Combined Court: Everlast Waterproofing working with Burlington Stone
- Brandon Yard: SIG Design & Technology and Camilleri Roofing working with SIGA Slate
- Broad Meadow: RS Miller Roofing working with SSQ Group
- Island Bridge: Lyons Roofing Solutions working with Redland
- Liss Pavilion: Michael Weakley Associates and Excel Roofing working with Eternit
- Millbridge Junior Infant and Nursery School Project: NRA Roofing & Flooring Services working with SSQ Group
- St Thomas A Becket Church: Maguire Brothers working with Keymer.
Best use of a slate tile for a domestic project
- Coastal Road, East Preston: Richard Soan Roofing Services working with SSQ Group
- Cottontails: Dean Stockwell Roofing Contractor working with SSQ Group
- Durisdeer: Nithsdale Roofing working with Micapel Slate
- Haugh House, Todmorden: Avonside Group working with TLX Insulation
- Island Wall Housing Development, Kapra Developments Whistable: Bates Roofing working with CUPA PIZARRAS
- Oast, East Farleigh: Lyons Roofing Solutions working with Welsh Slate
- Renovation: Diverse Roofing Services and Daniel Stamps working with Redland.
Best use of a solar PV or solar thermal system
- Drome Road, Copmanthorpe: Avonside Group working with Prime Energy Systems
- Long Meadow, Barkisland: Avonside Group working with Prime Energy Systems.
Best use of a solid conservatory roof system
- A beautifully dramatic roof space: SEHBAC working with Ultraframe
- Conservatory Roof in GreenCoat: Furlong & Davies working with SSAB GreenCoat and Supplied Metal Solutions
- Livinroof has twice the appeal: Cheadle Glass working with Ultraframe
- Richmond Park Avenue, Liversedge: Avonside Group working with Ultraframe
- Small space, big imagination: The Extension Group working with Ultraframe.
Best use of roof tiles (concrete and clay) for a commercial project
- Gradwell Park, Residential Care Village: Avonside Group working with Redland
- Kaolin Court: Stolon Studio and Meridian Construction working with Wienerberger
- Mill Green Designer Outlet: NRA Roofing working with Forticrete
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice: Malone Roofing (Newbury) working with Redland, Spicer Tiles and SIGA Slate
- Tameside Hospital – A & E Department: Avonside Group working with Redland.
Best use of roof tiles (concrete and clay) for a domestic project
- Acme clay tile roof restoration: English Roofing working with SIG
- Callaways Lane: Richard Soan Roofing Services working with Imerys Ceramics
- Clarence House: James Bros Roofing Contractors working with Wienerberger
- Former Harpenden House Hotel: Contour Roofing (Essex) working with Keymer
- Malvern House Renovation: Weald Roofing Services working with Sahtas UK
- Re-Roofing of “Goodrest”: R H Roofing (Dorset) working with Sahtas UK
- 126 Aintree Lane: Roscoe Roofing Services working with Redland
- Shelleys: Avonside Group working with Traditional Clay Roof Tiles.
Young Achiever of the Year
- Shulem Fried – Pinnacle Roofers
- Daniel Coulthard – Bailey MK.
Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
- Guy Regan – G R Regan Roofing
- Dr Chandra Durve – Camborne -NSS
- Rob Hayward – Swift Roofing.
To find out more information about the Pitched Roofing Awards, click here.